Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ella's First Sleepover!

Ella wanted to have a sleepover with her cousin Elise to celebrate her 8th birthday. She told me she really wanted Elise to watch a red box movie with her and have breakfast with her in the morning. I thought that was pretty sweet! I am so happy that Elise was able to come over this past Friday night! Above is a picture of Ella and Elise after Ella opened her present from Elise. She got adorable pjs that say "Friends make life happy", and she got comfy monkey socks to go with it. She also got a fashion sketch book. Ella and Elise spent so much time designing different outfits. They made several books of designs, and then they turned Ella's room into a dress shop. You would check in at the front desk they made and then they showed you all of their gorgeous designs so that I could pick the outfit of my choice. They had string to measure me, and then I waited for them to make my outfit. It was so sweet! They like to do all the same things!

Ella and Elise were so excited to make and decorate Ella's cake. Elise was the egg cracking expert!
Above the kids are getting ready to enjoy some cake. Do you see the pink string in the background? The kids took string all around the house and backyard and created an amazing spider web. It was really cool! However, we took it down when it got dark so that no one would get hurt.

Ella just blew out her candle!! Yay!

The girls made earrings with their glow sticks, and they are getting ready to watch the movie "Puss and Boots" in these pictures.
The girls were THRILLED when the time finally arrived to go to Club Tabby on Saturday morning. The girls were able to pick from 4 different makeovers, and they both decided to be rainbow rockers. They were too cute! They also had their nails painted with the color of their choice and sparkles. They were able to take home the lipstick color they chose as well as their false eyelashes and eyeshadow pallet. I would have LOVED doing this as a little girl! I just wanted to take it all in so that I would remember this sweet moment forever!


Elise and Ella pose for a picture with their new look! Ella proudly wore her look ALL DAY! After Club Tabby, I took the girls to lunch at Subway (their choice). What special memories!! I was so happy that Ella was not sick on her birthday like she has been the past few years. Ella was beaming all day! She had the time of her life! We are thankful for her special bond with Elise!

1 comment:

Francie said...

Great pictures of two great girls!

I enjoyed hearing from Ella more about her Club Tabby experience. I never would have guessed that she got extra hair that she can reattach to her hair in the future! Will she be a bumblebee in Chicago, too? Or might she be a ROCKSTAR?!!! :)

Loved being with you all this wknd! Thanks for helping us celebrate our eleven-yr-old with Elevenses!