Sunday, January 4, 2009

Indy Trip Pictures

We had a FABULOUS trip home to Indianapolis! The kids did a great job in the car. It helped a lot being able to spend the night in Evansville on the way there and the way home to break up the trip. We also enjoyed a few quick visits with our families in E-ville. It was the first time to Indy as a family in almost 4 years, so we were thrilled to see family and friends that we had not seen in a long time! Below are pics of some of our FAVORITE people!! This is a picture of me with my sweet friend Cari Alt. We were roommates at Purdue, and we sang in the Express Show Choir at Purdue together. We were able to go out to dinner with Cari and Phil without any kids. A 3 hour dinner felt like 20 minutes!! After dinner we stopped by their house to see their daughter Kate and meet their son Hudson. Oh my! They are super sweet and precious!
Above is a pic of Phil and Cari with us after dinner. Phil is Adam's best friend ever! Those boys have a blast together! We treasure every moment with them.

This is a pic of Adam with his buddy Brandon Tiek. They sang together in the Purdue Glee Club. Brandon is such a special friend. He sang in our wedding. He actually sang a song that he wrote just for us, and it was truly amazing! Brandon and Michelle invited us over for a New Year's Eve party, and boy was it fun!! We got to meet some of their best friends, and we enjoyed them so much. Our kids had a great time together! Ethan had many fun wrestling matches with the boys!


Adam and Brandon playing Guitar Hero:)



Adam and I were laughing when Ethan and Ella put on their straw hats b/c they looked like they were from TN:)










Ella and Sam Tiek just LOVED each other! How cute! Brandon and Michelle adopted this handsome guy from Guatemala.


This is a pic of me with Michelle! Oh, I love this girl!! We sang in the Express Show Choir together at Purdue, but we became really close when she was my supervisor for 8 weeks during my school externship. She was also my supervisor for my first year of doing Speech Therapy for infants and toddlers on my own. Michelle has just taken up the art of photography, and she is really talented! She took pics of all of us before the party. I will post them soon!


This is Faith with Will Tiek. I think Will is 11 months younger than Sam. He is so laid back and such a sweetie. We were cracking up b/c it looked like Faith and Will were on a blind date that was not going so well-HA!:)






We were also able to see our dear friends David and Alissa Herbon and their 4 blessings. We know the Herbons because Adam sang in the Glee Club with David, and I sang in Express with Alissa. We almost had a mini PMO (Purdue Musical Organizations) reunion while we were home! David and Alissa graciously invited us over for a delicious breakfast early one morning. They were very busy, so we felt so blessed to see them in the midst of their busy schedules.



Words cannot describe how much fun Ella had dressing up with the 3 Herbon girls. Their oldest son Zachery is not pictured, but he was so kind and loving to Ethan. He showed him all of the boy toys in the house:)



Alissa and me--I really miss Alissa. She has the cutest mannerisms, and she is so funny! I love her so much too!! Alissa, Michelle, and I are all speech therapists for infants and toddlers. It is wild how much we all have in common!


Above is a pic of Adam and David. David was one of Adam's groomsmen in our wedding. They are great friends! We miss being neighbors with them! We lived in the same apartment complex with them for awhile before we had kids, and I miss our popcorn and library movie nights!
We also enjoyed wonderful time with our families! I can get pretty carried away with my camera, so I decided to just photograph our times with our friends this time. Happy New Year to you all!!!



























2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks like you all had a blast! What a fun visit; I am so glad you got to go to Indy. I so wish our trips would have overlapped! I miss and love you so much! Happy New Year!

Francie said...

So glad to see & read about your extended week of visiting! I just was reminded to check your blog by a TV program. While folding laundry and enjoying calm of Amelie's nap, I was looking thru Christmas programs I'd taped but not watched. I had taped the Purdue Christmas program!!! It wasn't called that on the listing, so I couldn't believe that I was actually going to get to see it... kept expecting it to change to the other program (although not at all disappointed, b/c this program has a bit more meaning for us than the other Christmas musical that it had said would be playing).
So I thought I'd check your blog and ask whether you'd enjoy a tape of the program to share with your kiddos... and then I read about your Christmas visit being full of good times with PMO friends! :) Let me know if you'd watch the Christmas show sometime with the children. I could make you a VHS tape, if so! :)

Love you~ Francie