Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Trunk or Treat" , etc....

The kids had so much fun dressing up in their costumes last weekend (Faith was Tinkerbell, Ella was Snow White, and Ethan was Spider man) and going to their school to collect candy, play games, and eat yummy food. We were even able to hang out with Uncle Ryan, Aunt Laura, Cole, Luke, Sam, and baby Brock. It was a gorgeous night! I am thankful that the kids were able to enjoy the festivities because Ella became sick that night. I have been sick with a cold/cough for the past two weeks, and it has slowly gotten worse. Thankfully, Ella and I are now on medicine, and we have been resting all week. Hopefully we will be 100% soon!

Seeing my sweet Ella so sick (she has had the flu) has made me incredibly thankful for the access we have to doctors and medicines. Ella's pediatrician not only put Ella on medication, but he also prescribed preventative flu medication for Ethan and Faith. I was able to go to the minor medical clinic on Monday night when Adam got home from work, and I was able to start on some antibiotics along with preventative flu medication. This is all in addition to over the counter fever reducing medicines, cough medicine, decongestant medicine , night time cold medicine, cough drops, etc. It just overwhelmed me to think that there are so many parents in the world that do not have access to doctors and medicine because they do not have the money. This caused me to research how to help support parents in a situation where they can not afford to supply their sick child with the much needed medication. World Vision is an amazing, reputable organization that allows us to do just that and so much more! Click on this link if you are interested in getting involved! http://donate.worldvision.org/OA_HTML/xxwv2ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10362

No comments: