Friday, November 20, 2009

Let's Play Catch Up!

I know that it has been awhile since my last set of pictures, so I am going to play catch up! I am going to start with the most recent.
My sweet Ethan has been talking about wanting to write me a letter. He decided to have Daddy write down his message while I was running errands last night. He wanted to surprise me with it in the morning. This morning Ethan was looking all over for his message, but he finally discovered it in his back pack. He had forgotten that he told Adam to put it there so that I would find it!! MY HEART MELTED!!!!! What a PRECIOUS note!!! Today Ethan said, "Mommy, I love you more than candy!" I am treasuring these moments!!

Today was also very special for me because I had the privilege of helping out in Faith's class for part of the day while one of her teacher's attended a meeting downtown. It was SO FUN for me to see my little social butterfly interact with some of her best buddies. Faith was so excited to have me in her class, and that totally made my day! Faith was very obedient, and she was such a good listener. I was so proud of her. I was able to help out with the turkey craft. Faith's completed turkey is below--so sweet! She worked very hard on it!
Below is the precious turkey that Ethan made today with his sweet fingerprints!


My Ella enjoyed showing me her beautiful turkey as well!

I can't wait for their Thanksgiving parties on Monday! I get to help serve the feast in Ethan's class! I also get to see all of the kids dressed up as Pilgrims and Indians. I will DEFINITELY have my camera ready!
Below are a few pictures taken from our two trips to the Botanical Gardens last week. Adam was home for a couple of days (which is very rare), so we took full advantage of the nice weather and having Daddy home! The kids just loved playing in their new edition called "My Big Backyard". It is awesome! We even stopped by Muddy's Bakeshop for cupcakes after each visit :)














A big highlight of last week was getting to meet my friend Paige and her kids Taite, Cooper, and latest edition, Kinley Joy at the park!! It was my first time to meet sweet Kinley, and she was just precious!!!! The kids had a great time playing together, and we even got to eat lunch at Sonic with them afterwards. We have been getting together for play dates for several years, and we treasure their friendship! However, we were missing Karen, and her sweet girls. They moved to North Carolina a few months ago, and our play dates are not the same without them!






Ella's kindergarten class took a field trip to the Planetarium, and this is a picture taken of us before the Solar system show. It was so cool! I had to miss the IMAX part, so that I could pick up Ethan and Faith. I was so thankful for this one on one experience with Ella. We had a blast together. She held my hand during the whole show--I was in heaven!



A couple of weekends ago, Adam and Ethan went to Paris, TN to work. Ethan is such a great helper! He always packs his essential suitcase of "bad guys", and he wouldn't go anywhere without his beloved monkey! We were hoping to all go, but Ella and I were still sick at the time. However, we all enjoyed going last weekend.













Also, there is a big change going on in my life, and I am not great with change. My brother in law, sister in law, and four amazing nephews are moving on Monday!! I am trying to hold it together, but it is hard! I am going to miss them so much! They will only be a couple of hours away, but it is not the same. :( We have enjoyed every moment of living near them for the last four and a half years!!

***Waverly, thank you so much for coming over with your 5 blessings after MOMS on Thursday! It made our day!! We love you guys!






No comments: