Friday, September 24, 2010

Wonderful Birthday!

It was such a blessing to have Adam home all day on my birthday last Sunday. It was a gorgeous fall day! We had a great morning at church, and then he took me clothes shopping at the mall :) After the mall, we went to the orchard. I have been wanting to take the kids apple picking, but the orchard is only open on weekends. Sunday was the perfect day to go as a family!


We had so much fun walking around and exploring God's beautiful creation! Below is a picture of me with Faith at the start of the corn maze. It was so fun following the kids around as they tried to find their way out! It was also neat to see all of the different animals there-chickens, pigs, goats, etc. We got to lead some escaped chickens back into their pen:)



It was a blast to pick apples together! I had never done this before! We each enjoyed eating an apple in the orchard, and we realized that we had 3 different varieties between the 5 of us! We have been reading How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman in school, so this was a perfect field trip! I still need to make the apple pie though!


The picture below was taken before dinner.


My handsome boys!!

This past weekend was extra special because I was able to go to a Beth Moore simulcast on Saturday with ladies from my church. Beth spoke about one verse that day. Proverbs 31:26 "When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness." This was convicting to me this week! I realized how often my words and tone are not kind as I am addressing frustrations with my children. I am thankful that God is patient with me as I parent these sweet kids, and I want to make each day count for the Kingdom! I know that they will be all grown up before I know it, and I want them to see Jesus in me! I want to truly enjoy this difficult task of mothering and not just "get through" the day. Each day is truly a GIFT! I must keep my focus on Him because I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

No comments: