Monday, April 16, 2012

Florida Vacation



Sorry I haven't blogged in forever! We just got back from a 17 day trip! It was so much fun, but it sure is nice to be home and sleep in my own bed!

We met our friends from MN at Fort Myers beach. It was awesome spending a whole week together after being apart for so long! We have sure missed them!
We didn't make the mermaids, but I was impressed when I saw them while walking on the beach!
We had a great time playing in the sand, and the weather was perfect!
Above is a picture of the Gora family. We love them!
A closer picture of their precious 18 month old twins, Shelby & Payton
Faith and I enjoyed a one on one walk on the beach one evening- so fun!
Above are a couple of pictures that I snapped of Faith and Nolan during a movie. Pretty cute & scary!
We spent one morning making build-a-bears at another hotel. It was so fun, and it was nice to get out of the sun for awhile. Poor Ella had a bad sun rash :(.

The BEST part of our trip was watching the Dads baptize the kids in the ocean on Easter Sunday. Both families had this same idea before our trip. What a special and memorable day!!

Family photo after the kids were baptized :)

We spent a good portion of our trip traveling to different Civil Rights museums in Georgia, Alabama, and Memphis. It was fascinating, and I am hoping to blog about it soon. We also had a great time visiting awesome friends and attending our first Homeschool Convention in Memphis. I am looking forward to sharing about our experience! It was so fun and encouraging!

No comments: