Friday, May 16, 2008

Stay Away from Fire Ants!

Yes, that is Ethan's footprint in a fire ant hill! I was inside for just a second to get my sunglasses when Ella started screaming hysterically for me. I came outside and Ethan had tons of ants crawling up one of his legs and all over one of his feet! I wiped them off as quickly as I could and went to call my Mom:) Adam is out of town, and I knew my Mom would know what to do! I quickly made a baking soda paste to help soothe the ant stings that had already swollen all over his little leg and foot. I also gave him some tylenol and benadryl. I also read that Lysterine mouthwash was supposed to help, so I poured that all over his bites as well. It is supposed to keep the bites from swelling into pustules within 6 to 24 hours. He is doing very well, but please pray that he is okay! Boys will be boys!:)

No comments: