Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Evansville Trip Pictures

We had a fun time in Evansville last week. My brother, Aaron, came to visit us with his wife, Erin, and their 2 boys, Bryce, and Jace. All the kids played so well together! They spent hours and hours of playing make believe games. They didn't need any toys--I just love that! It was so cute and fun to see!
We stayed with my Dad, and he graciously gave us his bedroom once again. He is too kind! This is a picture of me and my Dad. Isn't he handsome? I wish I could tan like him:)
This is a picture of me with my Gramma. My Dad hosted a get together at his house on Saturday evening, and we enjoyed visiting with my Gramma, my Grandpa Gene, my cousin Jim, my Aunt Julie, and two of her kids Spencer and Chelsea (they both go to Purdue as well as Julie's oldest son Ryan--GO BOILERS!!!). We were in Evansville last October for my Grandpa Gene's surprise 80th birthday party. I can't believe another year has already gone by!
This is a picture of me with my sister, Carly. We always have a blast together! I am dying to get home to Indianapolis so that I can see her dance with her new dance company! Maybe they will let me be an extra? I know...wishful thinking:)
This is a picture of my Grandpa Betty, my Mom, and me with the kids at my Dad's house. We had a lot of fun together, and I am thankful that they made the trip from Indy to see us!
This is a picture of Adam's Grandma Evelyn's 90th birthday party. It was so special even though Grandma did not feel very well. It was fun to see Adam's relatives because we haven't seen some of them since before we had kids. Faith's middle name is Evelyn after Adam's Grandmother:)
We were also able to celebrate my niece, Marjorie's, 8th birthday at Pump It Up in Evansville. It was super fun! We went out for pizza afterwards, and Marjorie graciously shared her birthday dinner with 2 other October birthdays-Ella turned 5 on the 6th and her cousin Sam turns 2 on the 28th.
This is a picture of my brother, Aaron and his wife Erin. We had sooooo much fun with them!! We were able to get a great amount of adult conversation in since our kids played so well together! Ella is a couple of weeks older than Bryce, and Jace is a couple of weeks older than Ethan. Ethan was in HEAVEN playing with boys:)
We got Bryce and Jace some Buzz Lightyear color wonder books for their birthdays, and you can see that they kindly shared with their cousins:) I hope you enjoyed the pictures from our trip!

1 comment:

Francie said...

Glad to see your recap, Amie! What a blessing to be with you guys in Evansville. I'm enjoying the extended visit with my sis Julie in Portland now. Typing one-handed as I hold sleeping 8-wk-old Clare. And Marjorie & Oliver are having some great playtime with 3-yr-old Isaac after several days of less-harmonious times! The nearly 2-yr-old twins are napping, as is Amelie. Earlier Julie took me, my 3 kids, 2 of hers, and my mom & dad to a fancy tea house. Yummy soups, tasty teas & scrumptious sandwiches. If I had a blog I'd delight in posting photos of the kids all dressed up! Good times! The hardest thing -- now that we're thru the airplane trips -- is trying to get thru some of Marjorie's schoolwork! Again humbles me! I imagine I'd be flustered all the time if I was homeschooling, except of course you can pick your assignments so there can be less "busywork" -- but with math I think Marjorie does need some of the rote work for math proficiency!

Long 'nuff for a "comment." I haven't been able to e-mail so reading yo0ur blog gave me a "fix" of social contact beyond right here. :)

Love you, Amie!