This morning while I was getting the kids ready Ella started looking at me in a strange way. She finally said, "Mommy, I can see that your face is getting old!!" Oh My! Kids never lie, and this was funny but not so fun to hear. I said, "Really? What about my face looks old?" She gazed at me for a moment and said, "The red and brown spots all over!!!" I can't even believe that I am sharing this embarrassing moment! I will add that Ella's comment was made before I put my make up on for the day :) This reminded me of a bible verse. 2 Corinthians 4: 16 says, " So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day."
I want to reflect the love of Jesus. He is the best beauty secret because He gives me a joy that is not of this world. I know that time is not on my side as far as my outward appearance, but I pray that I will show God's love to those around me each day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
My friend you are truly beautiful!
Yes, Amie! You are beautiful and amazingly youthful! Now when do we get the next blog post? I've just lost 90 minutes reading blogs by people I don't even know, and I really should be sleeping -- or at least catching up with someone I truly care about!
Hugs! Have a blessed week!
Post a Comment