Sunday, April 26, 2009

Belated Easter Pictures

HOORAY! I finally have a way to transfer my pictures onto my new computer! Adam found me a USB multi card reader for $15.00! I am so happy! Below is a picture from our first Easter brunch at one of our favorite restaurants called Currents. They had a special kids menu, and Ethan has been requesting to go back for chocolate chip pancakes ever since.



We were able to attend the Saturday night Easter service this year. It was great because I got to serve in Ella's class first service and attend the second service. It is such a treat for me to get to be Ella's teacher. We had Sunday free, and the kids had a blast hunting for Resurrection eggs outside and looking for their Easter baskets inside. I tell you, this is such a fun age because they get such excitement from all the little things!

I know I am going backwards, but this is the art project we made together on Good Friday. The kids decorated cross boxes, and we talked about how the boxes are empty like the tomb was empty on Easter morning. I am so glad that Jesus is alive!






















1 comment:

Francie said...

Hooray for Easter pics. Thanks for sharing! Yes, we have a camera card reader that is usually attached to the desktop computer upstairs, and most days I am on the laptop while caring for Amélie. So you reminded me to go get it and attach it to this computer so I can share new photos, too!

The empty cross boxes and the Resurrection eggs sound like such wonderful activities to share with Ethan, Ella & Faith! Did they want to do the egg hunting over & over? As kids, I loved hunting year-round for the eggs my grandma kept from her hosiery. Remember L'eggs with their plastic eggs? She worked at an office job and accumulated about 20 of those fun eggs for her 7 granddaughters to play with when we visited. She'd let us get the eggs out and hide them (usually indoors), and we loved it. On Easter I like to put tiny gifts in eggs for my kiddos, but I remember joyfully that I had a blast even with empty eggs when I was little!

Love you & yours, Amie!