Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Convicting & Encouraging
I am embarrassed to say that I have not been consistent w/ doing devotions with my kids each day. We were in such a great habit of doing it right after morning chores, but our schedule has been so weird with Adam traveling so much the past 2 months. I know that there is no excuse though. Anyway, I committed to starting Leading Little Ones to God by Marian Schoolland each morning this week. It has been such a blessing. Today we played at home all morning because Ella wasn't feeling well, and we were able to read a book about the fruit of the spirit and another one about the birth of Jesus in addition to our morning devotions. While I was reading to them during lunch, Ella said, "Mommy, is it Sunday or something? Why are we learning so much about Jesus today?" She later said, "Mommy, it makes me want to learn more and more about Jesus when you teach me so much!" This was convicting and very encouraging to my mother's heart. I am so blessed to be learning how to spend my time to glorify God while my kids are still young. I know that teaching them to count and read is important, but my main goal is to spend my time teaching them to love Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment