I know it has been a long time since my last post! It seems like someone has been sick in our house for the last month! It is such a blessing to have everyone feeling healthy again! Above is a picture taken from our birthday celebration dinner this weekend. Adam's birthday is on September 11, and mine is on the 19th. We were born the same year, in the same city, in the same hospital, and we were actually in the hospital nursery together because Adam had a staph infection and had to stay a little longer. We met 19 years later at Purdue University! It was meant to be :) It is hard to believe that we both turn 32 this year! It is weird to be in your 30s and to start noticing the signs of aging. I feel like I notice something different each year. For example: Age 30 = age spot, Age 31= grey hairs, Age 32= eye wrinkles. This is just crazy to me because I still feel like a kid! Please tell me someone out there can relate!!On a different note, with everyone being sick (me included), I felt myself being quite irritable this past week. I found myself wanting to take the route of self-pity: "I just want to sleep all day and take care of myself. I am so tired of my kids fighting with each other. If I could just have a day to myself....." However, I felt the Lord telling me, "You are blessed to have children to care for even when you are sick. I will take care of you and give you the grace and energy to care for your little blessings even when they are irritable as well. Your kids my have colds, but they are otherwise very healthy kids, and you should be very grateful. Focus on Me, and you will have more than enough."
My Grandma Betty makes the most beautiful cards. She designs them and writes the message inside. The message she wrote in Adam's birthday card really spoke to me, so I wanted to share a portion of it with you:
"Everyday is a gift--some days the package is wrapped a little more attractively, but no matter the wrapping--the hands that present it are the hands of complete love, knowledge, and perfect wisdom. Sometimes the busyness of the day keeps us from hearing His presentation and instruction. God is good..."
My prayer is that I won't miss out on the gift of each day because I am focusing on things that don't matter. I want my eyes to be on Jesus because true joy comes from Him alone.














3 comments:
First of all, you don't look a day older than when I met you over 4 years ago! Also I just want to thank you for sharing that precious quote. So very well said!!!
Amie
Your post really spoke to me today! Thank you, I really needed to read this today. I understand completely how you feel.
Happy Birthday to you and Adam! You both look as stunning as the day I met you both at Purdue!
I never knew the story of you and Adam being born at the same place, very cool! Thank you for sharing!
Kelly
this is a beautiful post! Your words meant alot- there are days i feel the same way too. HE DOES give us the grace and strength to love on our babies each day- even when we feel crummy.
I can't believe you and Adam were in the same hospital nursery. that is TOO CUTE!
Post a Comment