Wednesday, February 8, 2012

100 Days of School Party in Hawaii


We celebrated our 100 days of school by going to a luau. However, the day before we took a free coconut palm leaf weaving class by the beach. I wanted to share those pictures as well. :)

I wish I made this purse, but it was leftover from the class the day before.
Thankfully, Adam is very crafty, so he was able to help the kids make their projects. Ethan and I were laughing because the two of us are not so crafty!
Above is a picture of the kids with their completed projects. They made a fish on a fishing pole and a canoe with paddles that move! I posted close up pictures below since it's hard to see in the above picture.
We walked down this GORGEOUS path to get to the luau. Once we arrived they gave us leis. We felt so special.


One of the neat Hawaiian traditions is cooking in an emu. In other words, they steam a pig all day underground. They wrap it in leaves, cover it with linen, and bury it in the sand. The uncovering of the pig was really cool. It tasted amazing, and I rarely eat meat!


Adam, Ethan and Ella at the luau. We enjoyed a yummy buffet of food before the show started.


Ethan LOVED the fire tricks!




My kids volunteered to help with the hula on stage! Too cute! The girls had a blast, but it wasn't Ethan's favorite. :) I need to find the video I took of Adam doing the hula on stage. One of the hula dancers pulled him on stage, and he did a great job shaking what his mama gave him!


Faith LOVED the hula dancers! They were my favorite too!

I am so thankful to God for this amazing family adventure! Next time I will share about our Kona Coffee Plantation tour!

No comments: