Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Great Times with Mimi




(Above is a picture of a pet store that Ethan and Faith set up on the stairs so that we could adopt animals. They let us know which animals were nice and how to pet them gently. It was so cute.)

It was such a BLESSING to have my Mom here for 2 weeks while Adam was away. She was great company for all of us, and she helped me a TON!! I had jury duty for part of the first week she was here, and she took care of the kids while I was gone. We had to show the house and also get it ready for a virtual tour, and it was so nice to have her here to help me get the house in order. She did lots of dishes and laundry, etc---so sweet of her! We had a blast going to the mall and getting the girl's ears pierced. We also enjoyed time at the gym, shopping and some Indian tea while the kids were in school. My Mom flew back home today--she was supposed to fly back on Sunday, but I had the stomach bug Saturday. She told me that she would not leave me. What an amazing Mom! Ethan got it a couple of hours after me, and my Mom came down with it a few hours after Ethan. Ella and Faith had it on Friday. I am so thankful that my Mom was there to take care of Ethan while I was sick Saturday evening. He slept on the floor in my room that night, and he took care of himself since I was also sick. He was SO BRAVE & MATURE! It was a huge blessing that he did so well without me needing to help him. My Mom and I spent all of Sunday in bed. Ethan was feeling well by then. I paid Ella $6.00 to take care of the kids:) She did a GREAT job checking on Faith, making lunch, etc. We are all feeling much better now. God has been good to me (one of my biggest fears is me getting the stomach bug while Adam is gone), and it all worked out just fine. This will be a visit my Mom and I will always remember:) I can't wait for Adam to come home after being gone for a month! Boy have we missed him!!

No comments: