Monday, April 11, 2011

Chicago Field Trip

We had such a great time visiting museums in Chicago this week. I am so thankful for Adam's extra time off of work! When we first arrived in Chicago we went to the Skydeck. It was a beautiful day to view the city!



This is a glass box that people can stand on, but we preferred to take a picture of it instead!

The next morning we went to the Shedd Aquarium, the largest aquarium in the world. It was a treat to have my sister, Carly, meet us there and spend the day with us! Below is a picture of Faith and I outside of the Shedd Aquarium. I was holding her to keep both of us warm, and Adam snapped this picture when she was giving me many sweet kisses and hugs.
I had to take a picture of this spider crab! I had no idea that it existed! YIKES!

We spent the next day at the Field Museum of Natural History. It was so neat to learn about Sue, the T-Rex discovered in 1990. This is the only T-Rex fossil in the world that is 90% complete!
Here is Faith in her scary dinosaur mask :)

Below is a picture from the Museum of Science and Industry. It was our favorite museum! I loved watching Adam teach the kids about what he does at work every day!

We also got to see a chick hatch from an egg- so cool! Faith picked out this stuffed chick to remember her time at the museum.
Here are the kids in front of a replica of the Chicago skyline.
My sister Carly and her friend Tyler watched the kids on Friday night so that Adam and I could have a date! We were able to see an amazing play called Ethan Frome, and the kids had a blast while we were away.
Carly and me

I love her so much!

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!










3 comments:

Lisa Maria said...

What a wonderful and educational time you had! Love the pictures. Your daughter is adorable. My four year old had a field trip to the zoo recently. Children do love to see the animals... especially this big child here.

Have a blessed day!

Jenifer Metzger said...

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time! :)

Francie said...

Enjoyed reading about your amazing adventures in MN and Chicago! I love Chicago & can't wait to go to Shedd Aquarium again. The last time I went, I was pregnant with Amelie & just took Marjorie. I want to share it with her again, as well as her sibs!!! So glad you guys are getting to see so many awesome things & enjoy learning all the time.
Today I'm about to cook up some healthy food. We've been surviving on pantry staples -- hooray for PB&J & tuna sandwiches-- & restaurant food for nearly 2 wks since I've been fighting being sick. Today I awoke with so much more health, feeling so much more rested, and I am soooooooo grateful. If only we can get Oliver back to full health & back to school soon. :-) Have a blessed day, Amie!