Thursday, April 14, 2011

It FINALLY feels like Spring in Minnesota!

I LOVE daffodils, and today was the first day that I have seen spring flowers here! Hopefully the cold weather coming later this week won't hang around long.

We had SO MUCH FUN spending time outside today enjoying the weather! It is so weird to see my kids in short sleeve shirts and flip flops! Above is a picture of the kids with the Mayo Brothers :)
Faith thought one of the Mayo brothers looked like a good babysitter--hee, hee.
The kids kept shouting "green grass, look, green grass!!!"

We also enjoyed meeting some friends for pie this afternoon--yum!

Below is a picture of the kids with one of the famous decorated geese that you find around Rochester. In the background is a poster of all of the different geese to look for throughout the city. I am definitely going to miss this place.


I thought this picture was so sweet! Our first baby is getting so big! I love that we can still pick her up :) This picture was taken in one of our skywalks. These have been such a blessing this year! I am really going to miss walking to the library because it is one of my FAVORITE places to go!!

1 comment:

Francie said...

Hooray for your MN daffodils! I have been enjoying them here, too! We have a few other spring flowers, of course. Somedays recently I would be so thrilled to spy so many different blooms out our car windows, that I would eagerly pull over once we got into our subdivision, and Amelie & I would get out to search for as many different varieties as we could find. In the past few years we've learned to identify forsythia & hyacinths! There are also lots of azalea bushes in bloom, tulips, pink & white dogwood trees blossoming, cherry trees, red bud trees, pansies, and lots of colors of phlox! We have snapped a few pics in the past couple of wks, but I have yet to share them. Will try to upload to FB soon!!! ;) Love to you all. Thanks for sharing more pics, Amie! Tickled me especially to see Faith putting her Bitty Baby in one of the Mayo brothers' arms. And to see Ella being "held" by Adam. I carried Oliver a bit this morning when he was feeling puny. But I bet he weighs as much as 2 Ellas! I didn't go far, and he was amazed that I carried him at all!