Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Homeschool Fun


Make way for ducklings [Book]


I have really enjoyed our Five in a Row curriculum this year. This week we are reading Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey. I really like reading this book to the kids each spring. Today the kids colored a picture of a mallard duck while I read the story, and then we answered some fun facts about ducks while Ella wrote the answers down for us. Ella really wanted to make a duck craft, so we decided to do that before lunch. I was so impressed with what Ella created all on her own! I had to share it with you!


Another homeschooling family just moved into our building! We haven't had other kids living here since last summer. This afternoon we spent a couple of hours at the pool with our new friends! They have an 8 year old girl, 5 year old boy, and 3 year old boy. It was really fun! Also, our friends that lived here for a month last summer are coming back for another month right before we move. We are so excited to see them again! The kids have done a great job of keeping in touch with each other by sending sweet letters and pictures back and forth! This year in MN has been such a blessing! It is going to be so hard to leave all of the great friends that we have made here this year! We are already planning a vacation with one of them for next year! God has blessed us so much!

No comments: