Saturday, July 30, 2011

Indy Trip

I took the kids to Indy a couple of weeks ago because my best friend, Jennifer, was in town visiting family. We grew up across the street from each other, so we have been best friends since I was four years old. She now lives in Texas, so we don't get to see each other very often. Above is a picture of Jennifer, me, and her sister Lisa. Lisa has always been a dear friend of mine as well!

Lisa and me at the pool :) It was SO HOT, so the pool was so refreshing!

Eleanor (Jennifer's daughter) and my Mom--I was so happy to meet this little sweetie for the first time!!!

Faith, Jack (Jennifer's son), Ethan, and Ella

Jennifer took this cute picture of Ella and Faith at the pool
Above is a picture of my kids, Lisa's kids, and Jennifer's son, Jack (Eleanor was napping).
From left to right: Ella, Ethan, Joe, Jack, Rachel, and Faith

The kids had so much fun together! It was also a treat to see Jennifer's sister, Katie, and her two kids!
We had a great time staying with my Mom. The kids really enjoyed helping her water flowers one morning before it got too hot outside.
Above is a picture of Adam and my old townhouse. It is the home on the far right. I can't believe how huge the trees are now!
This is a reflection pool across the street from our townhouse. I used to walk Ella around this pool 3-4 times a day when I was pregnant with Ethan. We didn't have a backyard to play in, and she loved to be outside! It was also great exercise for me!
The kids enjoying the ducks by the reflection pool!

It was a joy to spend time with my roommate from Purdue, Cari. She is such a dear friend!



I had a great time swimming with my kids and nephews, Bryce and Jace. My Mom's friend was so sweet to let us use her pool! It was too hot to do anything outside unless it had to do with water!

We enjoyed frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf after swimming. It was AMAZING!! It is my new obsession! We have one in Evansville :) !
From Left to right: Bryce, Ethan, Faith, Ella, and Jace

We get to go back to Indy in a couple of weeks, so it will be fun to see more family and friends. It is always so hard for me to be so close to people I care about and not be able to spend time with each and every one of them!!






1 comment:

Francie said...

I think Rachel's daughter Lisa looks a lot like Ella in one of the photos above! :)

So glad you had a wonderful week -- and that you shared photos here so we could see them. Your mom looks great, by the way. Tell her hello from me.

Hope to see you & the fam again soon!