I had such a special birthday on the 19th! It started off with our butterfly emerging from its cocoon!! Also, our kids attend a home school co-op on Mondays, and Adam took them for me since he was home from work. He was so sweet to give me the day to myself. I enjoyed some time at the gym and relaxing with a book. Ella said it sounded like a boring birthday, but I loved it! I was able to watch our little butterfly friend during the day. It rested for a long time on the bottom of the stick, and it decided to venture to the top of the stick in the afternoon. I texted this picture to Adam, so that he could show the kids! I knew they would be excited!
When the kids got home from school, it started flapping its wings. It was then ready to fly out of the bottle!! This was such a cool birthday present! In the past, all of the caterpillars we have captured have died before turning into a cocoon or in the pupa stage. We caught another one yesterday, so hopefully we will get to watch it go through all of the stages too!

The above book by Nancy Wallace is a great book for showing the life cycle of a butterfly!
We met my Dad for dinner, and he bought presents for us at the mall--so fun!















1 comment:
So glad your b-day was blessed. I'm sure when Ella is older she can appreciate what we busy moms do: a quiet day to exercise, read & watch the butterfly would be downright lovely!!!
I also like the books by Nancy Wallace, but I hadn't seen that one yet. Will hope to share it with Amélie soon. We might get to library while big sis has piano today...
Hope you have a wonderful day with Adam back home. Did your mom go yet? Thanks for your text last night. We are on Day #3 w/o Daddy, and we miss him but are doing okay. <3 Talk to you soon, I hope!
Post a Comment