Thursday, February 5, 2009

Unspeakable Joy!


My Mom's bible study started back up today, and I am so excited! It was great to spend time with other moms and hear an encouraging word from Jean. Her husband also spoke this morning, which was quite a treat! I have never had the privilege of hearing him speak before, and he definitely rose up and "called her blessed!" I want my family to speak of me like that one day! As you can see from the picture, the theme of this study is joy. This is a topic that I cannot get enough of because I am melancholy by nature. I am type A and can become easily stressed and fall into a people-pleaser mode. However, joy in any circumstance is the birthright of every believer. However, it does not happen automatically. I must become a student of God's word and focus my eyes and mind on Jesus. I don't know about you, but it is easy for me to get caught up in the things of this world and lose my eternal perspective. I can't let this happen because before I know it my kids will be off to college, and I want to make sure that I have lived out a life in front of them that has shown them the reality of Christ. I want to live in such a way that they desire to know Him. However, if I lose my joy, they will not want what I have. Oh, I know how important this is in the life of any Mom. I am just so blessed to sit under Jean and learn from her wisdom and 30 years of walking faithfully with Jesus. I am soooo thankful for her 20 years of devotion to this Mom's ministry! All of her studies are available on Amazon.com, and a link to her blog is on the right hand side of mine:).

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This sounds like such an awesome study! I wish I lived near by so I could do it with you. I will be praying for you as you discover JOY! So exciting that you were able to get the kids registered in their new school for next year! I love the new back drop on your blog! Love and Miss you! Jenbosue