Friday, June 12, 2009

God Fills Us with Love!!

The kids had their first experience with sand art this week, and it was a big hit! I found colored sand and crosses on sale at Hobby Lobby last week, and the kids have been asking to make these crafts ever since. This is definitely a craft where Mommy needs to help, but it was so fun. I also purchased a sand art kit for $2.oo at Hobby Lobby that contained a funnel, bottle for sand, spoon, and a stick to create neat designs. During this craft we talked about how Jesus died on the cross for us and that when we ask him into our hearts he fills us with his love and joy. We talked about how he fills us with the Holy Spirit and the fruit of the Spirit.

"You have shown me the way of life, and you fill me with the joy of your presence." Acts 2:28

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Galatians 5:22

Ella enjoyed pretending like the different colors represented the different fruit of the Spirit :)

I love teaching the kids about God's truths while doing crafts because they really seem to grasp the concepts, and I have their undivided attention.

Also, you could do this craft while playing in a sandbox, and filling different cups, etc. with sand. You could even do it during bath time, while your kids are filling various cups and bottles with water.







No comments: