I will be honest, I hate saying goodbye. My heart aches just thinking about it. We see many of our friends weekly, and life just won't be the same when that can't happen anymore. We have been blessed to live in a hotel/apartment this year, so we have gotten to know people really well since we run into each other so often. Eating breakfast with the same people every morning has been such a neat opportunity because we get to know people from all over the world who are in many different stages of life. For example: Ethan had a special friend who was in his 80s that he would look forward to seeing each morning (Yes, I have been spoiled for a year by having a complimentary hot breakfast every day!!) Below are some quotes that I found as I am trying to process having to say goodbye.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. ~Theodor Seuss Geisel
Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
~Author Unknown
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
~Author Unknown
Where is the good in goodbye? ~Meredith Willson, The Music Man
I love this clip from the movie Dumb and Dumber about saying goodbye. Adam and I used to joke about this clip when we would have to leave each other when I was at Purdue and he was doing a co-op in Evansville, Indiana.
http://youtu.be/apFIxtQdpek
( You have to cut and paste this into your address bar---sorry, they wouldn't let me embed the video)















No comments:
Post a Comment