Wednesday, August 20, 2008
I LOVE Adam!
I wanted to take a moment to brag on my sweet husband. He is such a blessing to us! He took off work this morning so that he could help me take all 3 kids to the doctor for their well-care child check-ups. I was nervous about going by myself since all 3 kids needed to be seen. I felt really yucky yesterday, so I asked Adam if it would be OK if I went to the doctor this morning while he took the kids to the pediatrician. He did not mind at all, but I felt really bad for leaving him. I was able to see a doctor at the Baptist Minor Medical Center, and I found out that I have Strep throat and fluid in my right ear. I was able to start on a Z-pack today, but I still feel really bad. I am sure I will feel better tomorrow once my antibiotics kick in. I think I am especially tired because Adam did not get home until late yesterday because he had to work two jobs. It is so hard to care for kids when you feel sick. I considered putting them to bed in their play clothes, but I had barely enough energy to get their PJ's on and get them to bed. Faith was quite the nurse yesterday! She enjoyed pocking her nails into my bellybutton, and she pretended to ride me like a horse:).... Adam had quite the experience at the doctor's office with the kids this morning. Ella and Ethan had to give a urine specimen for the first time. We did not expect this, but they did well after a couple of tries. Also, all the kids had to have shots (Ella had 5 and Ethan and Faith each had 1). After the appointment, Adam and I met up at Walgreens to switch cars. I took the kids to Wendy's to pick up lunch. They are now napping, and I am starting to feel a little bit better. I am missing my Mom though. She is especially AMAZING whenever I am sick, and it would be such a treat to have her close by. However, we are looking forward to a visit from her next month. Well, I better lay down and rest some more while the kids are napping. I just had to take a moment to mention how AWESOME my husband is!! He is such a loving and thoughtful man, and we are so thankful for him!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
hi amie, i hope you feel better soon- i know how tough it is to take care of little ones when you are not feeling well. (and i only have 2:)
I hope you're feeling better, Amie!
Post a Comment