Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lord, Help Me

We just arrived home from a wonderful trip to Evansville (which I will blog about later), and this book arrived in the mail the very next day. I am so thankful I ordered this before we left because it was exactly what I needed upon my return to real life with 3 small children. I think the words exhausted and overwhelmed are understatements as to how I was feeling about being alone with the kids after a week of having help from Adam and family. Also, Faith was very cranky on the way home from Evansville, so I was feeling on edge. I also had a TON of laundry and lots of cleaning. I really love being a Mom, but it is SO HARD sometimes! I felt like such a failure yesterday because I was cranky and just wanted to be left alone. During nap time, I picked up this book for the first time. I was praying that I would find refreshment and encouragement to refocus, and that is exactly what God provided through this AWESOME book! Lisa Whelchel included a journal entry that she had made when her 3 kids, who are now teenagers, were very young. She wrote exactly what I was feeling, and it felt great to know that I am not the only Mom who struggles with feeling overwhelmed and discouraged at times. Before the kids awoke from their naps, I happened to flip to the back of the book and read these uplifting words from the chapter entitled Failure is a good thing, " It is when you feel like a failure that you turn to God for help. You learn that you fail in your own strength". Hebrews 4:16 "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in the time of need." I hope this encourages my "Mommy friends" today:)

1 comment:

BeckyE said...

You are not alone! We can't do it in our own strength, but Jesus Can :) And boy, do I need His help!