Monday, August 25, 2008

Refreshed

We had the best weekend! After a week of being sick, it was so nice to be refreshed by two date nights in a row (that has never happened)!! It seems like forever since our last date, so I was really yearning for some adult time with Adam. Friday night we went to an event called Soul Mate hosted by Bellevue Baptist Church. We were invited by one of the hosts because we happened to be at the same restaurant one night, and he asked us to come. I am so happy he did because it was wonderful! The childcare was free, and the kids had a great time while we enjoyed a night focused on how to reconnect. The room was dimly lit, and there were candles on all the tables and around the room. It was so romantic! They had lots of dessert and coffee, live music, great teaching and skits, and we got to sit with some friends from our church. It was a very authentic and edifying night!

Saturday night we found a babysitter and went to a restaurant called Paulette's. We have been wanting to try it out for a long time. We have heard so many good things about it, and it did not disappoint! It felt very historic and homey, and the food was amazing! They had this bread that tasted like a German pancake, and they brought homemade strawberry butter to go with it -WOW! We then went to see The Dark Knight at the movie theatre. Adam loved it, and I thought it was pretty good-a little violent for my taste. It is hard for me to sit still for more than 1.5 hours and it was 2.5. I bet he'll let me pick a chick flick next time:) I can't even tell you how refreshed I feel after some alone time with Adam this weekend. I feel excited and energized about the week ahead. We have already finger painted and played outside, AND I feel very calm even though Faith decided to remove her diaper when I wasn't looking, potty on the floor, and slip in it and bump her head. The older kids were trying to help her, and they were slip sliding in the urine as well:) It makes me laugh, but I am not so sure it would if I didn't feel so refreshed. Thanks to God for providing some much needed time of refreshment and refocusing this weekend. Oh, and our parenthood message at church yesterday was AWESOME, and it helped me a lot as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Amie, so glad to hear about your refreshing wknd time with Adam! I didn't know you were sick so I'm sending you extra hugs and hoping you're feeling MUCH better this week.

Love & miss you~
Francie (even though I will show up as Andy -- tee hee!)