Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chain of Honor

I have been talking to the kids a lot about obedience, happy hearts, and pleasant words this week (and every other week) :). We specifically studied Proverbs 1:8-9, "My child, listen when your father corrects you. Don't neglect your mother's instruction. What you learn from them will crown you with grace and be a chain of honor around your neck." I told them that excellent behavior was another way to think about honor. We made necklaces to help us remember these verses. We had a great time, and it was super easy so I wanted to share it:) We might make a crown next to help the kids understand what it means to wear a "crown of grace."







Above the kids are painting pieces of Penne pasta.


We let them dry in the sun during nap time.
Then we strung the pieces onto a piece of yarn.


Voila! The kids loved wearing their chains of honor!


Also, I think it would be fun to string fruit loops on a piece of yarn to make a necklace, and discuss Proverbs 16:24, "Kind words are like honey-sweet to the soul and healthy for the body." This would be a great lesson and a yummy snack :)


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Amie,
This is such a great idea and such a great verse to focus on! Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to use this idea! :) Where do you come up with such great ideas at?