Above the kids are pictured with the bald eagle, Columbia. This is the bald eagle that we were able to meet and learn about the last time we were here.
This is a picture of Ethan with an eagle foot.
I thought this was a little creepy to see my sweet baby with eagle talons by her face, but it is interesting to see it up close (and Faith wanted me to take her picture). I had no idea that an eagle can apply 1800 pounds of pressure with their talons. Yikes!

The National Eagle Center is by a part of the Mississippi River that does not freeze in the winter, so you can see a lot of eagles flying around this time of year. I was so excited to see bald eagles soaring through the sky and hanging out in trees!

(I did not take this photo, I just think that the size of an eagle's nest is so amazing! )














No comments:
Post a Comment