I’m Just a Farmer, Plain and Simple
By Bobby Collier
I’m just a farmer,
Plain and simple.
Not of a royal birth
But rather, a worker of the earth.
I know not of riches
But rather, of patches on my britches
I know of draught and rain,
Of pleasure and pain.
I know of the good and the bad,
The happy and the sad.
I am a man of emotions.
A man who loves this land,
And the beauty of its sand.
I know of a spring’s fresh flow
And autumn’s golden glow,
Of a newborn calf’s hesitation,
And the eagle’s destination.
I know of tall pines,
And long, waiting lines.
Of the warmth of campfires,
And the agony of flat tires.
But I am a man who loves his job
And the life I live.
I am a man who works with God,
I cannot succeed without his help,
For you see,
I’m just a farmer
Plain and simple.














3 comments:
Hi Amie,
Thought I'd look at your blog and wanted to tell you that I love that picture of Dad too :)
So sorry on the death of Adam's grandmother. Hugs to everyone.
Love you,
Lori
Amie, you are so lucky to still have a grandpa to look up to and to love. My maternal grandfather died before I was born (my mom was only 13) and my paternal grandfather died when I was 11. My own children only have one grandfather at present since my own dad died 11 years ago.. the youngest wasn't even born yet, the others were 8, 6 and 2. Grandfathers are a special blessing and its great that you cherish yours.
Love & Blessings
The pigs are so cute!!! :)
~Marjorie
I was supposed to be looking up summer camp info for Marjorie but found myself catching up on your blog instead. So enjoyed the pics from your stop in Indy back home & this poem about being a simple farmer. :) God bless all of our farmers -- and dear grandfathers!
Love & hugs to ALL of you!
~Francie
Post a Comment