Friday, September 12, 2008

Do you see steam?


Well, I felt like there was steam coming out of my ears at one point today. The day was already off to a rocky start by the time breakfast was over. Ethan decided that it would be a good idea to color Ella's favorite stuffed animal as well as eat one of the pieces of paper in the prayer box on our kitchen table. Strange behavior--but I am sure I did these things as a kid (or maybe my brother did)! Anyway, after nap time we decided to read Charlotte's web together. Ethan and Faith were starting to laugh and not pay attention, so Ella and I decided to finish up the chapter in the other room where it was quiet. When we returned after a couple of minutes, Ethan and Faith were drenched in apple juice-literally. Faith looked like she had just taken a bath, and Ethan's shirt was soaked. BUT that is not all. They also spilled juice ALL over the coffee table, end table, two library books, floor-carpet and tile, piano-bench and keys, walls, entry table etc. I felt SO frustrated! I can't believe they made this huge mess! They had sippy cups with lids so they must have really been shaking them-ugh! I immediately sent Ethan upstairs because I was way too mad to spank him at that moment. I called my sister in law to ask for advice, and my brother in law Ryan answered the phone and sweetly helped me. I calmly went upstairs and apologized to Ethan for raising my voice because that is not how God wants me to act. I then went through the IDEA list our Pastor gave us at church a couple of weeks ago.
I-instruction
D-discipline
E-encouragement
A-affirmation
Things are fine now, but I wanted to post this to let other Moms know that they are not alone when they have these kinds of moments. God is gracious to forgive me, and I know that he is parenting me as I parent my sweet blessings--or should I say my sweet mischievous blessings?:) These things always have a way of feeling extra big and dramatic this time of the month-if ya know what I mean (sorry guys)!
P.S. Ethan also put almost a whole roll of tp in the toilet today, and I can't get it to work.

1 comment:

Michelle Tiek Photography said...

This is me everyday :) It's nice to know you have those days every once in awhile!