Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The BEST Surprise EVER!

I was on my way home from the park on Saturday afternoon because we had been enjoying the weather with Ryan, Laura, Cole, Luke, and Sam as well as Adam's other brother Andy, his wife, Francie, and their 3 kids-Marjorie, Oliver, and Amelie (they were visiting from Evansville). We got in the car, and I picked up my phone to call my Dad, and I saw that I had a message. It was from my best friend that lived across the street from me all of my childhood, Jennifer. She lives in Texas now, so we have not seen each other in 4 years! Her message said that she would be able to fly in for free to see me that evening!! I didn't think that there was any way that I heard her correctly, so I immediately called her back. I said, "Did you say TODAY?" She said that she did not want to spring anything on me, but she could fly to see me that day with her one year old Jack. Oh my! I could not contain my excitement!!! My answer was of course YES, YES, YES!!!!!!! We had THE BEST time ever! We picked up right where we left off, so it didn't seem like any time had passed since we last saw each other. However, there is no way we can go that long before we see each other again. I have been pretty weepy today since she left:( I just love her beyond words. She has always been such an angel and she hasn't changed a bit! Jack is the cutest and sweetest ever! My kids adored him!! Here are some pics from our visit:)


Jennifer used to be a Chemistry teacher, and since Ella LOVES experiments Jennifer kindly made a density column for Ella. It was so cool to see Jennifer as a teacher. She was amazing!
Faith wanted to help with Jack at all times! She was really sweet with him:)
Jennifer was so kind to sit in the back with Ethan! My kids could not get enough of Jennifer and Jack! Jennifer had to take turns sitting with each of the kids at meals, and my kids chairs kept inching closer and closer to Jack's chair:)
We DEFINITELY had to make a trip to our old stomping ground-TCBY!! It was soooo fun to reminisce! Her visit was such a "kiss from the King" as my sister in law, Laura, told me! I have most definitely just experienced some of the BEST few days of my life!!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

i am so happy you two had such a great time together!! what a precious friendship! thanks for sharing these pics!

Jennifer said...

We had such a blast! I love those words, "A kiss from the King." That is exactly what it was! Please tell Ella, Ethan and Faith that Jack and I love and miss them. Thank you for such a wonderful time!