Thursday, September 25, 2008

Homeschooling Fun


We have really been enjoying our Five in a Row homeschooling books. This is a homeschooling curriculum where you read the same book for five days in a row, but you target a different subject area each day. The book we read this week was called A Pair of Red Clogs. It is a darling book, and we really enjoyed learning a lot about Japan this week. Below is a picture of Ella holding her "Japanese Counting Book." In the book Ella counted different Japanese objects on each page, and she copied the Japanese numbers that corresponded with the number of objects. She did this for numbers 1-10. She did a great job, and she was very proud of herself!





Tonight we went to World Market to find some Japanese candy. This rice candy was a favorite of mine growing up. It is fun because it has edible paper around a gummy treat. We also enjoyed looking at all of the other Japanese items in the store. I just LOVE how creative I can be with this curriculum. I was hoping to take them to a Japanese restaurant where we could sit on cushions on the floor and use chopsticks (that is what the characters did in the book), but Adam and I don't think Faith is quite ready for that!





1 comment:

laura linger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.