Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brave Warrior

Ethan is all boy, so I decided that we needed to go to the Dollar store for some foam swords and other boy dress up. We have so many high heels and princess dresses around here! He is always wanting to play swords or monsters with his sisters, and they always scream and run away. This increased noise level has been getting to me, so I decided that I would buy a sword for myself and that Ethan and I would sword fight and play monsters together. This has worked out much better (I LOVE this bonding time with him) even though he still likes to try to play with his sisters, and they still scream at the top of their lungs. I must say that I was perplexed by all of this fighting stuff until I came across a neat article about boys on Vicki Courtney's blog. You can click on the link below to read it. I would encourage all Mom's of boys to read it. It is very insightful, and it helped me gain a better perspective about how God created boys. I am pretty clueless when it comes to testosterone, but I am learning:) http://virtuealert.blogspot.com/2008/08/warrior-or-wimphow-not-to-raise-mamas.html

1 comment:

mundayseven said...

Hey Amie, What a great mom you are! Ethan is so blessed to have you. God bless you all, Waverly