Faith has apparently decided that she is not very interested in using the potty after all. She was doing sooo well, and now she refuses to go. Today I found her playing Lego's in a puddle of urine. She told me when I came into the kitchen that she had gone potty on the floor. My Mom told me that my friend recently sought advice from her pediatrician about this same problem. The doctor told her to have her daughter carry around her dirty clothes in a bag all day--hence the target sack that Faith is proudly sporting as a purse:) I gave Faith clean shorts, and she decided to put them on her head. :) You can tell by the look on her face that she is up to something! She went potty on the bathroom floor again tonight. Do any of you have advice for me? I could sure use some!Friday, July 24, 2009
I Thought We Were Done Potty Training??
Faith has apparently decided that she is not very interested in using the potty after all. She was doing sooo well, and now she refuses to go. Today I found her playing Lego's in a puddle of urine. She told me when I came into the kitchen that she had gone potty on the floor. My Mom told me that my friend recently sought advice from her pediatrician about this same problem. The doctor told her to have her daughter carry around her dirty clothes in a bag all day--hence the target sack that Faith is proudly sporting as a purse:) I gave Faith clean shorts, and she decided to put them on her head. :) You can tell by the look on her face that she is up to something! She went potty on the bathroom floor again tonight. Do any of you have advice for me? I could sure use some!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
Amy, Hollis sent this to me, probably because the pic you posted bears an uncanny resemblance to a pic I have of her at that age (wearing one pair of panties on her touche and another pair on her head and posing like a genie). She was not the least bit interested in training at that age--even with all-time favorite Reese's Pieces as a reward (she adored ET at that age) and I finally gave up and told her she could not wear "big-girl panties" anymore until she decided to use the bathroom like a big girl. Just as she turned three, she announced one morning that she wanted big-girl panties, so we talked (yet, again) about what that meant she'd have to do. She assured me she meant it this time and she was trained in 2-1/2 days. Of course, she did remember that she was entitled to Reese's Pieces and assumed that meant she would get them forever. That weaning took longer than weaning it did to wean her to a cup! Just so you don't worry that I've mortified her, she knows I'm sending this. Love you! ~ Gay Wakefield
Amie, thinking about you guys & enjoying going back and reviewing a bunch of recent blog posts with my kiddos today. The funny pic of Faith undaunted with her bag of wet clothes & the underwear on her head made Marjorie laugh out loud. I think Faith looks a lot like Ella in this little peek shot -- even if you don't have so many associations with Ella giving you a mischievious expression???! Thanks for sharing the picture, as well as your story/struggle. How have recent weeks been with the pottying? Amelie has been introduced to M&Ms for going pottying at Aunt Steph's house. So now when I suggest she goes potty, she says, "So I can get a sticker *and* a piece of candy!" And I remind her that I don't have the candy Aunt Steph has, but those stickers are ready to put on her poster... and she usually will go sit on the potty for me. But identifying the need to go on her own and wearing normal underwear... I am not sure when she'll be ready for that! Maybe after the big kids are back in school I will be able to focus enough? We've been wearing the potty-training panties, including the ones you gave us again -- thanks for adding to the stockpile! And she's also been wearing the pink sneakers you handed down to her. They're so cute & sparkly & she asks to wear them! Thanks! Look fwd to talking with you more soon!
Post a Comment