Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Toilet Paper Roll Tree

I am always trying to find craft ideas that don't require me purchasing extra materials. I found this toilet paper roll tree craft, and I thought it would be a great tool to use for teaching my kids Proverbs 11:30: "The seeds of good deeds become a tree of life; a wise person wins friends".



Take one piece of green construction paper and fold it long ways.

Cut strips towards the fold of the paper. Leave an inch or so between the fold and where you stop cutting.

Your paper should look like this.


Fold your paper tightly around your index finger.



Put your tree branches inside the toilet paper roll.




Turn down your branches.





I found some apple stickers to put on our trees. We discussed John 15: 4-5: "Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me and I in them will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing." The kids also used orange marker to make oranges and peaches.



Above is a picture of Ella holding her tree of life! :)














































































1 comment:

Michelle Tiek Photography said...

1. why you so crafty??? (insert my southern accent)

2. is ella wearing ear muffs or mouse ears?? funny/adorable!!

3. totally random comment.....school lunch......