Thursday, December 17, 2009

Amazing Story!


I am very interested in learning about World War 2. I have read numerous autobiographies of individuals who lived during the holocaust. Each time I say to myself, "How did this happen?" It just breaks my heart.
I was eating breakfast with my kids this morning, and I couldn't help but think about the Jewish families that had to hide in bunkers under people's homes during the war if they were lucky enough to find someone willing to hide them. I just finished a heart-stopping story of a young girl named Clara Kramer. She hid from the Nazis with 17 other Jews in an underground bunker for 20 months. Much of that time there were German officers living above them. Click on the following link to see her interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=522UsZMVfJA
I would definitely recommend this book. It is so important to never become numb or disconnected to what has happened in the past.

No comments: