Sunday, December 5, 2010

I am Loving the Snow! Did I just say that?!

Our first big snow in MN was this past weekend, and it was just gorgeous! I loved looking at it, but I wasn't too sure how much I would enjoy playing in it. Some of our great friends here invited us over to play in the snow on Saturday. It was so much fun! They have big sledding hills and lots of land. We all enjoyed sledding and riding on their snowmobile! We warmed up with yummy hot chocolate afterwards and had a great time visiting with our friends while the kids played together. We are so thankful for their friendship!

Adam was in heaven riding the snowmobile!
Mommy and Ethan
Ella eating snow
Faith making a snow angel
Adam bringing Faith back up the sledding hill
Saturday evening there was a "Winter Wonderland" event in downtown Rochester. In the little house in the picture above Mrs. Claus was reading stories to the children. They had free carriage rides, Polar Express was playing on a big movie screen, there were booths set up where people could purchase items, and they were selling warm drinks, etc. It was really pretty, but the kids were getting cold and tired by that point so we didn't stay outside too long.


I love this picture of the fountain in the Peace Plaza! It is wild for me to see it covered with so much snow since the kids loved getting soaked in it this summer!

Adam has been so excited about playing in the snow! He was really wanting to take us skiing, but they didn't have ski lessons available for Faith's age group this weekend. They had cross country skiing available at our local nature center, so we decided to give it a try this afternoon after church. It was the first time for all of us, and we LOVED IT!! I kinda thought it looked boring, but it is so fun! It was just beautiful out, and it was a fun family activity! Faith kept singing, "I'm cross country skiing!" She was really proud of herself! We will have to go hiking in snow shoes next! I think you can start renting those in a week or so!
Ella is behind Faith in the above picture
Faith is behind Ethan in this picture
Adam
Amie
Faith
Ella
Ethan

Ethan turns 6 on Wednesday, so more pictures to come this week! :)

1 comment:

Kiki said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!