Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter Fun in Minnesota!

Saturday was the last evening for the Winter Wonderland in downtown Rochester. We put on lots of layers of clothing and headed down to enjoy the evening together. It was a great opportunity to get out without having to drive anywhere because Adam had to work.
They had a gingerbread house contest, and we all decided that this one was our favorite. You can even see Santa trying to make his way down the chimney :)
There were many wooden sheds set up where people could sell items. I just loved these vintage postcard ornaments being sold in the shed above, but I couldn't rationalize spending $12.00 for them!
As I mentioned in an earlier post, we headed straight to the hot chocolate shed. It wasn't very busy, and the sweet lady working there ran into the restaurant to get me some decaf coffee. The kids had a blast sipping their warm drinks and watching "A Christmas Story" on a big screen set up outside.

The people in the background of this picture even brought their own heater--smart!
Faith and I were ready to leave after about a half hour, but Ella and Ethan could have watched the whole movie! I kept telling them that we could rent Christmas movies and watch them in our warm home instead:) I know there is something extra special about seeing the beautiful Christmas lights and watching a movie outside, but it was too cold for me after awhile.

We decided to go into Mrs. Claus's house to warm up and make Christmas ornaments. It was really fun!


Ella had beautiful, glittery ornament stickers on her tree, but it was facing the other direction. We had a really fun night together, and we made great memories! We even read a few Christmas books in Barnes and Nobles before heading home for the night!

No comments: