The snow was so beautiful yesterday! I knew that it was going to get a lot colder later in the week, so we had to take advantage of our chance to play in the snow without freezing! The kids had a blast playing around the fountain.
Ella found a secret spot!
Ethan found a secret spot on the other side of the fountain!The kids had a great time in the snow and then we headed back to our apartment to finish school and warm up with some hot chocolate!
Faith has been requesting her "favorite food", so I decided to share the recipe below. Surprisingly, her favorite food is split pea soup. Actually, all the kids get excited whenever I make it. This yummy and super simple recipe was given to me from my Mom many years ago.
Split Pea Slow Cooker Soup
1 16 oz. pkg. dried split peas, rinsed
1pkg. Sara lee honey ham, diced
1 medium onion, choppped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
dried parsley or fresh
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 cups hot water
Layer ingredients in slow cooker
Pour in the water, DO NOT STIR! Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours until peas are soft. Remove bay leaf. Serve with croutons.I served warm, crusty bread and butter on the side, and we had low calorie brownies for dessert. :)














No comments:
Post a Comment