
Each morning I do my quiet time and strive to live the day focusing on God and praying continually. However, I often come to the end of the day and think, "I have been so task oriented that I didn't even talk to God during most of the day." I decided that I needed to become very aware of my distractions! Satan is the expert at using distractions to keep us from being still and resting in God's presence.
I realized how quickly I wanted to turn the TV on while preparing meals.
I wanted to sit at the computer and catch up on email, facebook, and blogs during lunch. (I will say that I find Christian blogs to be very encouraging and edifying).
I would pick up a magazine while going to the bathroom.
I am a bookworm, so during down time I often have my nose in a good book. I am reading The Help by Kathryn
Stockett right now.
I would go from thing to thing and forget that God was right beside me the whole time desiring my attention.
I am not saying that books, TV, and computers are bad things. However, I believe that Satan is excited by all of the new technology that keeps our minds busy with things that have no eternal value. We are in the age of ipads, ipods, iphones, wii, facebook, email, and twitter, just to name a few. We have to be on guard to make sure that these things do not keep us from seeking God. We live in a culture where we have to be purposeful about not being busy. It takes effort to be still. However, it is while being still that I am able to sense God's presence and hear his voice.















1 comment:
Distractions are everywhere! We really have to be careful. I am learning to be aware of God's presence in my day. I desire to see Him and notice His finger print in my day. Thank you for this message!
Post a Comment