Friday, January 21, 2011

Friendship Friday and More

Friends <span class=




I hope my beautiful friend, Jenn, and her precious daughter, Victoria, don't mind being on my blog! Jenn had us over to play at her house yesterday,and we had such a wonderful time! We are so thankful for their hospitality and friendship! Did I mention she served us the best brownies in the world?!!! YUMMY!

It is so cute because whenever my kids see advertisements of blonde models they always say, "Look, Mommy! It's Miss Jenn!" I have told her this many times, but I think it is just so cute!! Faith thought Jenn was one of the fitness instructors in my workout video today :)

This may be TMI, but my PMS has been especially bad this month, so I am grateful for this sweet time of fellowship with Jenn and Victoria. God knew it was just what I needed because I tend to pull away during this time of the month.

"And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near." Hebrews 10:25

Jenn mentioned that my blog looked like I had it all together. I assured her that I do not! I am a work in progress!!! I have good days and bad days like everyone else. I am trying to seek God in each situation. When I rely on Him, I sense his peace and feel his presence. When I do it on my own, I fall flat on my face! I am ashamed to admit that I have done the latter too much this week, and it leaves me feeling sad. However, God loves me, cherishes me, and He is on my side! He sent his one and only Son to die for me because he knows I am not perfect. My desire is to walk with him and know him more.

Quotes and Bible Verses:

"It is essential at such times to stay in communication with Me, accepting My way as better than yours. Don't try to figure out what is happening. Simply trust Me and thank Me in advance for the good that will come out of it all. I know the plans I have for you, and they are good!" Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

"Trust that I am with you each moment whether you sense My Presence or not. A thankful, trusting attitude helps you to see events in your life from My perspective." Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

"Don't let your hearts be troubled, Trust in God, and trust also in me." John 14:1

"Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:8-9

Oh, Lord, I know you are teaching me, guiding me, and loving me gently each step of the way. I know and trust there is a purpose in the pain. Help me to use it for your glory and not let Satan use it to bring me down and draw my gaze away from you. I pray that others will be encouraged through my struggle.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Amie Jean! I really enjoyed catching up on your blog today. What neat things you are doing with your children! Thank you also for sharing your struggles... you have shared such a great perspective on keeping things in focus and in prayer with our eyes on our heavenly father. I loved the verses too! It has been great texting you the past few days. =)Love Jennifer fbf