I was getting ready to brush Faith's teeth this morning when God placed a simple yet profound truth on my heart. The kid's toothpaste gets so yucky because they forget to put the cap back on after they use it. Thus, the top gets all crusty, and it is hard to get the cap back on if you try. Also, it is difficult to get the rest of the toothpaste out because they haven't been rolling up the end. I thought about how my toothpaste reminded me of how Jesus wants us to "press into" him each day. When I roll up the end of my toothpaste or press into it, there is an overflow at the top. I told the kids that when we spend time reading the Bible, praying and memorizing scripture, we are "pressing into" God, and we see an overflow of his love in our lives. This results in a life that is so full of blessing that it can't help but overflow onto the lives of others. We aren't crusty and empty because we have spent time at his feet. His presence is so good and fulfilling that we want and desire to refresh others in the same way that we have been refreshed by spending time in his presence. I just had to run and get my iphone to video these sweet words that Faith was saying after the toothpaste illustration :) We then jammed to the song called "Turn it Around" by Israel and New Breed (check it out on my playlist below below). It is one of my favorite songs!














1 comment:
What a great illustration! Thank you for sharing.
Sweet Blessings~
Jenifer
Post a Comment