I was pondering this verse during my quiet time when I thought of these two pictures: a key and a storehouse of treasure. God reminded me that pursuing him is the KEY to discovering the goodness that he has stored up for me.

I love old things, and I love bargains--going through a store like the one above is like making an awesome discovery around every corner. There are treasures hidden all over the place. I believe that is what God wants to reveal to us about our lives. If we abide in him, we can see and experience the treasures and goodness he hides amidst our daily circumstances. I know how excited I am for one of my kids to experience or find something special I have planned for them. Imagine how much more excited God is when we SEE the goodness he has stored up especially for us each and every day! When our eyes are fixed on him, we position ourselves to receive his abundant blessings and sense his perfect peace. I don't want to miss anything God has stored up for me in 2011!!!
I love old things, and I love bargains--going through a store like the one above is like making an awesome discovery around every corner. There are treasures hidden all over the place. I believe that is what God wants to reveal to us about our lives. If we abide in him, we can see and experience the treasures and goodness he hides amidst our daily circumstances. I know how excited I am for one of my kids to experience or find something special I have planned for them. Imagine how much more excited God is when we SEE the goodness he has stored up especially for us each and every day! When our eyes are fixed on him, we position ourselves to receive his abundant blessings and sense his perfect peace. I don't want to miss anything God has stored up for me in 2011!!!"Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be." Matthew 6:21 NLT














No comments:
Post a Comment