Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Spiritual Truths While Scrubbing the Bathroom Sink

Wow! This sink is so clean and shiny! I must admit that it doesn't at all resemble the bathroom sink that my 3 kids share. Their bathroom had been a little (or a lot) neglected when I went to wipe the toothpaste out of the sink yesterday. Man, I had to scrub hard because I let the toothpaste sit on there for too long. This thought lead to a spiritual truth: I want to let God scrub away my earthly habit patterns and old ways of stinking thinking that have been hanging around way too long. I know that this will take some time, and it may even be painful. However, I don't want the same "dried toothpaste" hanging around next year (Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us Hebrews 12:1 NLT). If I were a sink, I would want to be one that was shining for Jesus!

I want to be a light in my house. I want to reflect Jesus. I know that this "is a faith-walk, taken one step at a time, leaning on Him as much as I need. This is not a path of continual success but of multiple failures. However, each failure is followed by a growth spurt, nourished by increased reliance on God." -Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

2 comments:

Jenifer Metzger said...

Wonderful anology! God speaks to us even through toothpaste! :)

Sweet Blessings~
Jenifer

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! Maybe I should share in the search for these spiritual truths around the house? Toilets? :)